Me, me, me



It's not that I haven't tried to blog, it's just that I haven't really felt creative enough to finish a fucking post. So here's a completely random update on the shit going on in my life.

I quit smoking. It's been over two weeks, and yes... every so often I have a craving to go mug someone and steal a Marlboro, but other than that I'm on top of the world. I let go of the nicotine and the dependency all by my damn self. I'm not upset that I quit, but I am a little angry that I didn't quit sooner.

I'm sick, I have a sinus infection, and the medication the doctor prescribed is kicking my ass. I'm in my third day of practice to be the worlds dumbest zombie, I'm thrilled that I only have 2 more pills to take. I would express my happiness with you, but I'm afraid energy exertion spent on my mouth would mean my eyelids will seal shut. This is probably why there is a 3 inch pool of slob on my desk. I can't stop drooling.
Medicine-head sucks and I can't feel my face.

Mr. 5 has fractured his arm but that news wasn't nearly as exciting as finding him in the midst of a bleeding fit. "Oh my, what happened?" you ask...

Orally fixated children like to place any random object in their mouths, this includes clothing; somebody's old, chewed up, flavorless gum; and possibly the handle of a baseball bat that he proceeded to swing at things with. Of course, all children realize there rational thinking isn't such a good idea AFTER they've injured themselves. So bleeding all over the kitchen floor in an uncontrollable fit of tears is the only possible way to inform the world that an awful decision was made. That tendon that's under the tongue, yeah.. it doesn't really care for bunt plays near the swing set.

And finally, the plans to move are finally set in concrete. In four weeks you should expect to see me posting irrational bitch fests about having to load a Uhaul trailer, or possibly unload the trailer, or complain about something else completely unrelated to moving. In any case... Tucson, here I come. I'm so terribly excited, if only I could feel my face.


6 comments:

Tiffany said...

Oh I know ALL about the bloody hysterics. My kid is scared shitless of blood. It makes a good bargaining tool though.

And YOU bitching about something? I just don't believe it ;) Have fun packing and then UNpacking. hehe

Deb said...

Congratulations on quitting...in the midst of the stress of moving! Wow!

Moving? Leaving the Frozen Tundra for Tuscon?? Are you kidding? They have big bugs and plants with spikes that can kill ya. I can't believe you would leave the Mecca you reside in for Tuscon...of all places. Wuss.

Bee said...

What the fuck? Did I miss a post? Did you mention you were moving? Tucson Arizona? I can feel hell's fire now.

Bee said...

Oh and you should check yourself for the pig virus cuz you were at my blog.

PhoenixAwakened said...

Yay for you quitting! Boo for moving!! Yay for Arizona! Boo for bleeding children!

Just remember that moving would be stressful whether you were smoking or not, and that smoking wouldn't relieve the stress, it would actually add more stress.

And what the heck is your dr prescribing for your sinus infection?? Antibiotics and antiviral medications shouldn't make you sleepy OR numb...

Jenn aka Elf said...

The desire to poke your face is almost overwhelming. I'm not driving all the way to Tucson to do that though, so I'm working hard to supress it. Good luck with the move.