Day THREE. I quit.
Today my thinking is getting back to where it should be. I don't feel like such a space cadet. In fact, I felt awesome when I woke up this morning, despite not getting much sleep. My sleep pattern is seriously screwed. I wake up every hour or every two hours, and I sit there for what seems like an eternity before I realize that I am actually awake.
Still have the chills today, but the itching is gone. The irritability is gone. The anger is gone, I feel great. I haven't done much thinking about smoking, I really haven't had much for cravings either. I think today marks the downhill section of the race to quit.
I have noticed my appetite has increased quite a bit. I've loaded my desk with sunflower seeds, gum, and carrots to curb my desire to eat. I have to remind myself that getting over the nicotine addiction doesn't give me an excuse to start some sort of food addiction. Judging by the way I used to smoke if I don't get the eating under control I'll be the size of a small blimp within weeks!
-
My Stuff
Poorly Presented...- irony vs. life (30)
- serious stuff... seriously (18)
- child's play (12)
- go the fuck away (11)
- angry consumer (6)
- my favorites (5)
- career suicide (4)
- just quit (3)
- awards (1)
-
Stuff
That I Read... -

7 comments:
Quitting seriously sucks. I've been quit for around 4 weeks... if you don't count the fact that I have a 'drag' every now and then! For me the anger is the biggest thing. I feel like a firecracker about to go off. I'm using the patch this time and finding it helps, but wondering what is supposed to happen when my alotted patch time is up?!?! lol
If you turn into a small blimp you so totally have to post pictures :D
i'm actually doing this completely free of nicotine. using patches, gum, inhalers, and the rest of that stuff only drags out your withdrawal.
if you're set on quitting, rip off that damn patch and go to whyquit.com ...educate yourself, and be proud to be in recovery.
Yaaaay!! Congratulations on Day 3! You can do this and you will 'cause we're all watching you.
Congratulations :) I'm quitting on Friday (small chuckle)...but seriously, I am.
P.S. I'm in agreement with the pictures...
My husband wouldn't eat a carrot if I shoved it up his butt. Well, maybe that's why...
I don't want to sound sappy but, good for you!
Woohoo! Way to go! Serious admiration here.
I quit several yrs ago. I wasn't a heavy smoker but still found it really hard. I developed this scene in my head to help: my kids standing by my hospital bed asking "why did you smoke, mommy?" Think "Terms of Endearment" but with lung cancer. It helped me resist the cigarette outlet nearby, which was my longest struggle.
Well?? What's the update??
Post a Comment