smile!! or not...
This past weekend was "family photo" day for A-me and the boys. After 4 years of watching this little tradition, I never realized just how much preparation is involved for the perfect 8 x 10. Hours, yes... HOURS at Old Navy. Finding matching shirts that were exactly the same, but not.
(Did I just go over your head? If so, that's okay, I'm still not sure if I understand this concept.)
And for a shocking end result, you'll be blown off your rickety little swivel chairs to find that I... yes, I picked the shirts. Polos like I wear, complete with matching "dead stuff"
on the front. Mr. 7 wears the blue and brown, Mr. 5 wears the orange and brown, sorry... vermilion, for you fashion trendy fuckers. Scary isn't it? My boys are "just like me" with their ripped up faded jeans and their shirts with "dead stuff." I feel so proud.
Yes, feel so proud until Mr. 5 won't fucking smile to save his soul. Stick his tongue out? YES! Smile? No way. I couldn't have slapped myself with a rubber chicken to make that boy smile "pretty." I've seen him smile more at the doctors office when they pummeled his legs with shots, but this?!?!?!
He smiled like an Easter Island head.
I was a little frustrated. Even more so after the fat, obnoxious photo-taking bitch wouldn't stop asking me if I wanted to be in the photo with them. NO, this is something special, something sacred, and no matter how deep I can possibly infiltrate the camp of Heart A-me, there's some things you just don't fuck with, like a mother's traditions.
oh yeah, and visit my other half. No, not her... HERE.
-
My Stuff
Poorly Presented...- irony vs. life (30)
- serious stuff... seriously (18)
- child's play (12)
- go the fuck away (11)
- angry consumer (6)
- my favorites (5)
- career suicide (4)
- just quit (3)
- awards (1)
-
Stuff
That I Read... -

19 comments:
Take it from an old lady: When family photo day comes around next year, just get the photo regardless of any faces being made, tongues sticking out, etc. It captures their personality, it's a riot when you are older, plus you can use those photos to your advantage when the teen years hit.
I think I was more concerned about getting OUT of the photo place... i can only spend so much time with customer service people that suck at customer service... haha
but we do have a few fun pictures... not intentionally fun, but non the less...
props on picking out the shirts! No easy feat to not only match, but not look too corny.
I liked the flaming wasp.
Thanks phoenix...
it's a confusing feeling when i can pick out clothes for Mr. 7 and Mr. 5... but i'm still not really allowed to purchase my own clothes without supervision... haha
I like the wasp too...
Holy shit i was gonna buy that blue shirt for MY kid. WTF does that say about me?
And I HATE pictures. I hate the photographer and all their "look here" shit. I have one baby pic of my son with a knot on his head where he hit it on something right before we took his pic. Oh fucking well. I'll take it!!
I can relate on the whole not smiling for pictures. When someone takes a candid picture of me, I don't look too bad but if I pose... for-fuckin-get it! I look like Rosie O'Donnell after she's been hit by a 2x4. Blech.
Tiffany... it says you like "dead stuff", welcome to the club.
Bee... Rosie O'donnell?? It can't possibly be THAT bad. She reminds me of Chewbacca with a bad wax job.
Every time your spawn refuse to step in line, just show them that picture of battlemomma63; they'll soon learn to respect the Kodak moment.
QG: I think battlemomma63 could strike fear into the heart of God himself.
Oh not the infamous family picture !!!! It truly is a hell amongst itself..
yes, from what i gather Dani... this is more common place than i first suspected.. haha
the stupid photographers should be better at making the kids smile. Instead they squeeze a freakin squeaky toy like your child will fetch it if they just threw it and glare at YOU because they can't do their job
dizz... i'm with ya.
Love the shirt choice. Your post reminds me of the time my mom took my sister and I to some "Glamor Shots" They treat you like a movie star, hair, make-up, clothes...you should have seen how much make-up they put on me and my hair was HUGE...Insane. They did my sisters hair HUGE too, then the hair spray was enough to destory the ozone layer. When we got up from the pose our hair was stuck together. i had a hard time smiling too due to the lack of dead things.
Hope the proofs turned out great.
siren, ...like Deb said... it'll be worth it when they're bringing the girls home. Oh, dude... the stories i'll have... hahah
No kidding -- I know too well how much time and effort pictures take. Or, wait, maybe I don't. For this very reason, I haven't lined my kids up for a family shot, in years and years... a professional one, that is.
in a very dark and secretive place, i'm hoping i don't have to do this for another 4 years... haha
At least you didn't have to include the pets, I used to hate getting the family dog in the shot who always seemed to mistake my leg for a fire hydrant half way through the photo shoot lol
Kat... LMFAO... hope you never wore white pants.. haha
Post a Comment