Day ONE. I quit.
My fucking jaw hurts. I am tired of chewing gum. I stole Mango-Berry flavored gum off the kitchen counter this morning and I am sick of it's stale fucking flavor. Normally I enjoy chewing spearmint gum, but since I associate that flavor with occasionally lighting up a cigarette, I've decided to try something new. I have to remind myself every so often not to eat it, it's not fucking candy. I force myself to NOT swallow a new piece of fruity sensation that pounds the withdrawal of nicotine right into the unforgiving clench of my teeth as they chew with resentment.
My skin itches as if I've rolled myself in a pile of insulation just after a hot shower. My feet, hands, throat, back, face, ears, scalp, and places that I didn't even know could itch are screaming for fingernails to rip open my flesh.
Yesterday I wrote down my reasoning to quit using tobacco and I felt good about the decision I was making. After just 12 hours I have turned into a fucking junkie ready to pawn my own mother off to an all male prison for just one drag.
-
My Stuff
Poorly Presented...- irony vs. life (30)
- serious stuff... seriously (18)
- child's play (12)
- go the fuck away (11)
- angry consumer (6)
- my favorites (5)
- career suicide (4)
- just quit (3)
- awards (1)
-
Stuff
That I Read... -

2 comments:
Sort of like a drunk with the DTs - hang in there - it will all be worth it in the end even though you won't have any skin left and your head will be lopsided from banging it against the wall.
The husband quit smoking after he had a root canal. He wasn't allowed to smoke for a few days so he just kept going. Try that. (:op
Post a Comment