My return....



I've been getting pushed, and poked, and gently prodded to pick up where I left off with my blogging. It just seems more simple to read someone's blog than to remember why I started doing this in the first place.

I sit here wondering... is it really as simple as remembering how to ride a bike? Has the balance always been waiting there with the motions? Will my grasp on the handle bars of life take the same veiw on reality I once had? I don't suppose a lengthy hiatus really changes a person, at least not their cynical views and sarcastic bite, so here goes nothing...

....and I continue to sit here, debating on what kind of story I want to unleash. Should I carry on about how Halloween went? How the boys and I got through 4 houses before the eternal whine-fest began? Nah... it doesn't seem right to just jump into yesterday like I've been blogging this whole time. Damn. I almost feel like I've been out whoring around with someone else and I've just now realized how good I had it. That awkward fumbling of trying to come back...

Still sitting here.... scratching my head, looking for the right topic to banter on about. Searching for that funny glimmer, that shroud of quirkiness that covers the demon within...

Should I go on about how Mr. 9 is doing, how we've progressed with the medicated lifestyle, or how about how Mr. 6 is literally missing his two front teeth? I could discuss how the non-smoking is continuing, and lie about how I've gained 2 pounds when in reality it's closer to 10. I could drum on about the addition of pets and how the drooling doggies are murdering bandits that mutilated the gerbils.

So much stuff to go on about, and yet for the last year or so my lazy, fat ass has refused to do it.
Well... "new year, new battery, Edna!" ....time to fire up the internet machines and get back in the swing of things.


3 comments:

Deb said...

GASP! You're back!

What? No dogs mutilating gerbil posts? Are you kidding? It's so YOU! Don't tell me you've gone all soft in your absence.

Orion said...

Deb... i'm beginning to think you know me too well. That is actually the post i began working on. I just have to get the right photos. lol

yogurt said...

Good to see you back, whoring, murdering bandits and all!

p.s. Congrats on the smoke-free life you're pursuing!